In London, a transfer from Gatwick Airport into the city will take around half an hour by train and cost you $26.85 (nearly 600 CZK).
In Frankfurt, the journey will take a whopping 85 minutes – longer than many flights within Europe – and run $16.68 (365 CZK).
But in Prague, a bus ride from Václav Havel Airport into the city center will only take about 15 minutes, for the cost of a mere 24 CZK ($1.10) 30-minute public transport ticket.
That’s good enough for the Czech capital’s airport to rank among the top ten most convenient airports in Europe, according to a list compiled by international news server CNN using data from GoEuro.
While CNN’s methodology was not revealed, Václav Havel Airport comes in at number 8 in their list of most convenient airport transfers going by travel time into the city center and cost of the journey.
With a travel time of 15 minutes into the city center, only a handful of other airports boast a quicker journey. Nice Côte d’Azur Airport in France tops the list with an incredible 5-minute time.
And at that mere 24 CZK ($1.10), the cost from Václav Havel Airport is by far the cheapest among CNN’s top 10. Spain’s Lanzarote ($1.67, or 37 CZK) and Málaga-Costa del Sol ($2.14, or 47 CZK) come in next.
Of course, a taxi ride from the Prague airport will cost you significantly more (around 500 CZK) – even if you avoid the city’s notoriously unscrupulous cabbies that prey upon tourists.
What are Europe’s other convenient airports? Here’s CNN’s top 10:
1. Nice Côte d’Azur, France: 5-minute transfer from $2.15 (4 miles)
2. Lanzarote, Spain: 10-minute transfer from $1.67 (4 miles)
3. Birmingham, UK: 9-minute transfer from $3.91 (6 miles)
4. Málaga-Costa del Sol, Spain: 12-minute transfer from $2.14 (4 miles)
5. Frankfurt, Germany: 10-minute transfer from $5.72 (7 miles)
6. Nuremberg, Germany: 12-minute transfer from $3.57 (6 miles)
7. Cologne Bonn, Germany: 13-minute transfer from $2.86 (9 miles)
8. Prague, Czech Republic: 15-minute transfer from $1.07 (9 miles)
9. Leipzig-Halle, Germany: 13-minute transfer from $5.36 (12 miles)
10. Amsterdam Schiphol, Netherlands: 14-minute transfer from $5.01 (12 miles)
And their bottom 10 selections:
1. London-Gatwick, UK: 30-minute transfer from $26.85 (28 miles)
2. London-Luton, UK: 60-minute transfer from $24.29 (35 miles)
3. Frankfurt-Hahn, Germany: 85-minute transfer from $16.68 (78 miles)
4. London-Stansted, UK: 60-minute transfer from $22.38 (40 miles)
5. Beauvais, France: 75-minute transfer from $18.92 (47 miles)
6. Paris-Charles de Gaulle, France: 28-minute transfer from $11.61 (22 miles)
7. London-Heathrow, UK: 15-minute transfer from $33.70 (14 miles)
8. Stockholm Arlanda, Sweden: 20-minute transfer from $34.51 (25 miles)
9. Paris Orly, France: 30-minute transfer from $9.52 (12 miles)
10. Edinburgh, UK: 30-minute transfer from $6.07 (6 miles)