Bertramka Mozart Museum

Originally built as a vineyard homestead on what was then the outskirts of Prague, the Bertramka Villa became the property of a singer named Jošefa Dušek and her pianist husband František Xaver Dušek in 1784. The couple struck-up a friendship with the composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, who visited them on multiple occasions. Mozart completed the score of Don Giovanni here and got help from the Duseks with the Prague productions of his operas Entführung aus dem Serail and the Marriage of Figaro. Today Bertramka is a Mozart museum displaying many of his personal possessions, including arias written in his own hand and a harpsichord on which he composed. They even have a glass cube encasing what is claimed to be a lock of Mozart’s hair. The villa’s Salla Terrena, which was built as a music salon in Mozart’s day, continues to be used for regular chamber music concerts. Phone for schedules.

PARTNER CONTENT

View on Google Maps